It has been way too long since I last posted, I mean 2 1/2 weeks! I need to work on my blogging.
On Sunday we all (minus my mom and Lillian) drove to Madison, where we met Samantha (and her friend Christine) and dropped off Paige, who went to camp with them, and the rest of us went home. (Sorry if that was confusing, Paige is now at camp). Paige is coming home July 10 (or 9) but we don't know exactly how yet...
Last week Tuesday thru Friday me and Pete went to a horse camp at some people we know's farm. er, Livery. :) It was really fun, and I knew eight of the people, and had seen most of the rest before. (There was about 25-30 people total). We went from 10am-4:30pm, and then on Friday there was a potluck supper and a presentation afterwards, and all the families came to that.
The verses we learned were:
Psalms 119: 9, 10a, and 11
Psalms 119: 9, 10a, and 11
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Thy Word. With my whole heart have I sought Thee. Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee.
Proverbs 28:13
He that covereths his sin shall not prosper. But whoso confesses and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
Psalms 16:11
Thou will show me the paths of life. In Thy presence is fullness of joy, and at Thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
we also learned a few songs. And all the stuff we learned about horses, we also learned a real life (real life as in for those who don't have horses, and in the examples, the person was like God, and the horse was like us) application.
I hope they have another one next year!!!
Today I came across this really cool blog, and it has tons of awesome pictures on it! :)
Carlotta is having a giveaway for some really cool earrings, so here is the link (for the third time...) to her blog. :) Of course I am only allowed to wear studs, but my older sister was allowed to wear hoops, and other such earrings when she was 18, and since younger siblings usually get to do stuff before they are as old as the older ones were, maybe, just maybe I can wear other earrings besides studs before I am 18. If not, I will just keep waitng...=)
Our dishwasher broke three weeks ago tonight. The diswasher guy is supposed to come between 1and 5pm today. It's already 3:20, and they didn't even call and say 'we will be there in 30 minutes' yet. And he better fix it, not say he needs a part and it won't be in for two weeks. If he does that I am going to multiply my dislike for repairmen by a gazillion, and it's already pretty high.
I have been trying to play a song on the guitar. My main problem (besides my wimpy fingers) is that Joy un-tuned the guitar, and I can't get it tuned. :(
Next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday my brothers (and dad) get to go survival camping with their A.L.E.R.T. cadet group. Man, I want to go camping (maybe not survival camping, but camping)! And in the fall they get to go on a looooooooooooooong bike ride! I wish our family could do that with our friends. Stuff is really fun with friends. Without friends it's total disaster and parents-yelling-at-kids. And besides, there isn't extra mess really. And we (meaning us kids) clean it up, not my mom. Ah, well, (sh! don't tell anyone this) we (me, my brothers, and our friends) are trying to get our parents to let us do something we did two years ago again. It is something already mentioned in this post (actually this paragraph), but a way easier version of it, considering we do it in our backyard. If we can't do that, the same place that horse camp was at might have a family camp this year, so that would be SOOO fun to go to with our friends!!!
Well, the great outdoors is calling me. And I want to go out there before I'm rudely demanded to do something.
-Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment